- Music Status, August 16, 2020
- Guides for testing & Modern HTML/CSS
- Optimizing the last 20% of the new site's design
- DragonRuby Guide Update
- DragonRuby Game Engine Overview
- Your testing code should not be DRY
- “What are some good introductions to current HTML and CSS for people?”
- Typesetting sample, to streamline designs
I love webcomics, and empowering creators, and it’s really bummed me out that setting up a simple webcomic is so difficult nowadays (you don’t need much!)
Owning your platform is essential for the health of the web, and static sites are a great tool for that.
I finally decided to do something about it: I’ve made a modern template for webcomics using Nanoc my favorite static site generator.
If you have a comic you’d like to donate to help show it can be used in the real world, please reach out! You’d get a direct link + attribution + a blurb; obviously. 😊
Learning to draw
I’m learning to draw for the first time as an adult. I don’t really have anything to share yet, but I hope to be able to make comics & pixel art soon. It’s a big challenge, but I’m having fun with it!
Game development with DragonRuby
As a Rubyist for over 7 years (yowza), DragonRuby is an interesting tool to play around with. I’ll be posting my notes as I learn new things, and probably showing little demos.